Eggplant is delicious all year round. I especially love it when it is available at the Farmers Market. This makes a really easy and delicious appetizer! Enjoy!
- 1 large globe eggplant (about 1 lb.), trimmed and cut into ½-inch-thick rounds
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil; more as needed
- Kosher salt
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 Tbsp. coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 2 Tbsp. coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- Prepare a medium-high charcoal or gas grill fire. Brush both sides of the eggplant slices with olive oil and season with salt. Grill (covered if using gas; uncovered on charcoal) until golden-brown grill marks form, 3 to 4 minutes. Turn the eggplant and grill until tender and marked on the second side, 3 to 4 minutes more. The interior should be grayish and soft rather than white and hard.
- Top grilled eggplant with the crumbled blue cheese and freshly chopped herbs. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 4