I always want to showcase Marina’s Cranberry Chutney in my recipes. Customers are always asking how they can use it. Try it in this delicious Cranberry Pear Pie.
- Single pastry for a 9.5 inch deep dish pie
- 1–16 oz Jar of Marina’s Cranberry Chutney
- 2 large ripe pears, unpeeled, cored and chopped
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
Nut Crumb Topping
- 1 cup pecan halves (you could also use walnuts)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- Prep crust and place in pie pan. Place in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Place in a large bowl and add pears, lemon juice and Cranberry Chutney. Stir to combine well. Set aside for 20 minutes. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix 1 Tablespoon of sugar with cornstarch, cinnamon and cardamom together in a small bowl. Add to fruit mixture and stir to combine. Pour into chilled pie shell and even out with a spatula. Place in the center of the oven and bake for 35 minutes.
- Make the crumb topping by placing nuts, both sugars, flour and salt in the bowl of a food processor.
- Pulse to combine and add butter chunks. Pulse again to form medium-fine crumbs. Pour into a bowl and rub the mixture between your fingers to form large, buttery crumbs. Chill until ready to use.
- After the 35 minutes of baking time, remove the pie from the oven and reduce the temp to 375 degrees.
- Pour the crumb topping into the middle of the pie and gently spread it to the edges of the pie using your hands. Press the topping down slightly.
- Turn the pie around (so the other side now faces the back of the oven) and return to the oven for 30-35 minutes, until you see juices bubbling around the edge.