This is my first try at a Paleo dessert…and I have to say it came out yummy. I made this when it was the height of the apple season at the Farmers Market. Enjoy!
Grain Free Cake
- • 2 large eggs
- • ¼ cup coconut oil
- • ½ cup honey or pure maple syrup
- • ½ tsp. cider vinegar or lemon juice
- • 2 cups Bob’s Red Mill almond meal/flour
- • ½ tsp. baking soda
- • ¼ tsp. sea salt
Apple-Cinnamon Walnut Topping
- • 1 cup Granny Smith Apple, peeled and finely chopped (1/2 an apple)
- • ¼ cup coconut oil, softened
- • ¼ cup coconut sugar
- • 2 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- • 1/3 cup raw walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly oil and 8-inch square baking pan and line with parchment paper.
- Add all the ingredients for the cake to a blender or a food processor. Blend until well combined (note: batter will be very thick). Transfer the cake batter to prepared baking pan and smooth into an even layer.
- Stir together the ingredients for the apple-cinnamon walnut topping in a bowl until well combined. Distribute the topping over the coffee cake, gently pressing the apples into the cake batter.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Turn off the heat and keep the coffee cake in the oven an additional 15 minutes, until the center feels firm when poked. Remove from the oven and allow cake to cool 30 minutes before cutting and serving.