We all love apple pie, so why not make one with delicious apples and Marina’s Cranberry Chutney? This came out delicious. Enjoy!
- 2 (9-inch) ready-to-bake pie crusts
- 3 cups Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 jar Marina’s Cranberry Chutney
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon cream or milk
- Place and press 1 ready-to-bake pie crust in a 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine apples, raisins, sugar, flour, Cranberry Chutney and cinnamon in a bowl and mix until uniform.
- Spoon into prepared shell, spreading evenly.
- Cut second ready-to-bake pie crust into 1-inch wide strips for lattice topping.
- Using a long, narrow spatula, carefully lift every other strip onto tart, using 5-6 strips.
Rotate pie 45 degrees. Carefully place 5-6 more strips on top (optional: weave strips).Whisk together the egg yolk and milk or cream. Brush the entire crust, top and edges with egg wash.
- Bake tart in lower 1/3 of oven for about 1 hour until apples are tender and crust is golden brown.