It is apple time at the Farmers Markets. I love to cook and bake with apples. They are so versatile. This recipe came out delicious and had a very fresh flavor. You can prepare this recipe without raisins if you choose. Enjoy!
- 10 cups all-purpose apples peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ½ cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place the sliced apples and raisins in a 9×13-inch pan. Mix the white sugar, 1 tbsp. flour and ground cinnamon together, and sprinkle over apples. Pour water evenly over all.
- Combine the oats, 1 cup flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and butter together. Crumble evenly over the apple mixture.
- Bake at 350° for about 45 minutes.