Apples, cream cheese and brown sugar…the perfect dessert!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup sugar, plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup quick cooking oats
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter with a pastry blender (or 2 forks) until mixture is crumbly. Press evenly into a 9×13 baking pan lined with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Bake 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with ¾ cup sugar in an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Then add eggs, 1 at a time, and vanilla. Stir to combine.
- Pour over warm crust.
- In a small bowl, stir together chopped apples, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Spoon evenly over cream cheese mixture.
For the streusel topping
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. I like to combine it by using clean hands to thoroughly combine the butter into the mixture.
- Sprinkle Streusel topping over apples.
- Bake 40-45 minutes, or until filling is set.