Spring is here, and at the Farmers Markets, asparagus is plentiful. Use the freshest asparagus you can buy and this recipe will not disappoint you. Enjoy!
- 1 lb. asparagus, trimmed and cut into pieces
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 cup cabbage, thinly sliced
- ½ bell pepper, julienned
- ¼ cup roughly chopped fresh mint
- ¼ cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp. black sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk rice vinegar, soy sauce or tamari, ginger, sesame oil, vegetable oil and salt until well combined.
- Combine the asparagus, carrot, cabbage, bell pepper, mint and cilantro in a large bowl. Toss lightly with the dressing, and garnish with the toasted and black sesame seeds and additional herbs if desired.
- Serving Size: 4