Big John and I love Chinese food. What could be bad about Lettuce Wraps?? Nothing!! Enjoy!
- • 1-2 Tbsp. oil (Canola or vegetable)
- • 1 lb. Circle B Ranch ground pork
- • 2 cloves garlic, minced
- • 2 Tbsp. ginger, minced
- • 3 scallions, finely chopped or thinly sliced
- • ¾ cup shredded cabbage
- • ½ cup carrots, shredded or grated
- • 8 oz. water chestnuts, finely chopped or minced
- • 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- • 3 Tbsp. hoisin sauce
- • 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- • 2 Tbsp. sweet chili sauce
- • 1 tsp. sesame oil
- • 1 tsp. cornstarch
- • 1 head Bibb or Butter lettuce, leaves separated
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté the garlic, ginger, and scallions briefly before adding the pork, and cooking until done. Crumble the meat as you stir.
- As the meat is finishing up, add the cabbage and carrots and continue to cook until the cabbage is cooked down. Add the water chestnuts.
- Add the soy sauce, Hoisin sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, and sweet chili sauce. Continue to cook and stir for a few minutes. If a thicker sauce is desired, add the optional cornstarch with the sauces and cook until thickened.
- Serve the filling on the separated leaves and fold or roll as you eat.