If you follow my recipe blog, you will notice that I love Asian flavors. If you like quinoa and Asian flavors, you will love this recipe. Enjoy!
For the Salad
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 cup chopped red cabbage
- 1 cup snow pea pods, cut on bias
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 3 scallions, chopped
For the Dressing
- ¼ cup lite soy sauce or tamari sauce (low-sodium)
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- ¼ tsp. grated ginger
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Salt & black pepper, to taste
- Add water, quinoa, and salt to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 5 minutes. Turn the heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until water is absorbed. Remove from heat and fluff with a fork.
- Place the quinoa in a large bowl and add the cabbage, snow pea pods, red pepper, carrots, and cucumber. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, sesame seeds, ginger, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the quinoa and stir to combine.
- To make a gluten-free salad, make sure to use tamari sauce (not all soy sauce is gluten-free).
- This salad is good served at room temperature or chilled.
- Serving Size: 4