I enjoy trying new noodle salad recipes, and I absolutely love Asian food! This twist on an Asian noodle salad recipe is easy and delicious. With just the right amount of crunchiness and flavor, this salad is wonderful as an addition to any Asian inspired meal or as a light lunch. Enjoy!
For the Salad
- 3 to 4 zucchinis (1 1/2 lbs. total) or buy them already done at your grocery store.
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups red cabbage, thinly sliced & roughly chopped
- 1 large carrot, grated (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced & cut into 1-inch segments
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
For the Dressing
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. dark roasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. Ponzu
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced (about 1 tsp.)
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper to taste
- Using a spiralizer or other spiral vegetable slicing tool, make the zucchini noodles (you should have approximately 5 to 6 cups). Place the noodles in a colander set over a bowl and toss with salt. Let the noodles drain a bit of excess moisture while you prep the other vegetables.
- Place the zucchini noodles in a large bowl. Add the cabbage, carrot, bell pepper, onions and cilantro.
- Whisk all of the dressing ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the zucchini noodles and vegetables; gently toss to combine.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
- Cutting the longer zucchini noodles with scissors will make them easier to toss with the other vegetables.
- Serving Size: 4