I am on the road a lot, and I usually stop at Panera Bread Company for lunch. I really like their Autumn Squash soup. It is rich and silky. I topped mine with Marina’s Cranberry Chutney. Enjoy!
- 1 extra large butternut squash
- 2–3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 15-oz. can Libby’s Pumpkin
- 1 ½ cups apple juice
- 1 ½ cups homemade chicken stock
- 1 ½ cups half-and-half
- 1 ½ tbsp. honey
- ¼ tsp. curry powder
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- Toasted pumpkin seeds for garnish or top with Marina’s Cranberry Chutney
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Cut the squash in half , remove seeds, and coat with some olive oil.
- Place in baking dish or on cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 450° for 25-30 minutes or until fork tender.
- Spoon the squash out and mash squash with a potato masher and place in a large stock pot.
- Add pumpkin, apple juice, half-and-half and vegetable broth.
- Add honey, curry, cinnamon, salt and pepper and heat through about 10-15 minutes at a low simmer.
- Once is has cooked for 15 minutes or so blend in a blender. I like it very smooth.
- To serve, garnish bowls of soup with roasted pumpkin seed