We love a really good Carbonara and this one does not disappoint. Big John liked this so much I have made it a few times. Use ripe avocados for this recipe…it taste much better and gives the sauce a much creamier texture.
- 1 avocado
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 5 pieces Circle B Ranch Hickory Smoked bacon
- ½ pound spaghetti
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Blend avocado, egg yolk, garlic, and lemon juice in a powerful blender or food processor. Pulse to blend and add heavy cream gradually. Blend the sauce until smooth and set aside.
- Cut up strips of bacon and cook in a large pan. Set aside.
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil and cook the spaghetti according to the package instructions. Drain and coat with olive oil. Add sauce, bacon, parmesan, and salt and pepper, stirring until well-combined. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 2