Easter Sunday was here and what could be better and of course easier than a Strata. What is a really easy dish to make is a strata. You can put this together the night before, take out of the refrigerator and put it in a timed oven. When you get back from church the strata will be ready. Enjoy!
- – 10 ounces Circle B Ranch Hickory Smoked bacon, diced
- – 1-½ cups onion, diced
- – 2 Bunch of pencil thin Asparagus
- – 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- – ½ teaspoon black pepper, divided
- – ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- – 6 cups stale rustic bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- – 6 eggs
- – 1-¼ cups whole milk
- – 2 cups shredded white cheddar cheese, divided
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the bacon and cook until the fat has rendered.
- Add the onions and sauté until translucent.
- Add the asparagus and cook until just heated through. Season with ½ teaspoon of the salt, ¼ teaspoon of the pepper, and the nutmeg. Allow to cool.
- Whisk the eggs, milk and remaining salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Put the bread in the pan and add 1-½ cups of the cheese and the bacon-spinach mix. Pour the egg mix over everything. At this point you can refrigerate over night.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (177 degrees Celsius). Take the strata out of the refrigerator and top with the remaining ½ cup cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes, until golden brown and bubbly on top.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes before removing from the pan and serving.
- If you would like to try this recipe with a little different taste, use spinach rather than asparagus to make BACON SPINACH STRATA
- Serving Size: 8