Circle B Ranch Hickory Smoked Bacon and bananas: Need I say more? This recipe is real easy to put together. If you are in the mood to “cheat” a little, use a good buttermilk pancake mix.
- 6 thick-cut slices Circle B Ranch Hickory smoked bacon, or to taste
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Salted butter, for greasing the pan and for serving
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced banana
- Place slices on a rack set in a shallow pan and bake in the oven at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or so. Once the bacon slices are cooked let cool and crumble.
- Into a large bowl, sift together the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Stir in most of the bacon, reserving some for garnish.In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, buttermilk and sugar.Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and stir the buttermilk, bacon and banana mixture into the batter until the flour has just been absorbed. Gently stir the bananas into the batter.
- Over medium heat grease a nonstick saute pan or griddle with butter, and pour the pancakes using a 1/4 cup measuring scoop. Cook until the edges are cooked and bubbles are beginning to form in the center, about 3 or 4 minutes. Flip and cook until golden, 1 or 2 minutes more. Serve with maple syrup and pats of salted butter. Garnish with bacon crumbles, if desired.