I am always on the look out for an easy bread. Especially one made with bacon, cheddar and beef. I have tried a couple of other recipes, but they came out heavy and not very tasty. This one from “The Slow Roasted Italian” is the best one so far.
- 3 cups for all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cup shredded cheese (I used Cheddar and some Gruyere)
- 1 12 oz bottle of beer
- 6–8 slices of Circle B Ranch Hickory Smoked bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 tablespoons of butter, melted.
- Preheat over to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9 by 5 pan by greasing with butter. I used Baking Spray and it worked fine.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar with a whisk. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture. Add bacon, 3/4 of the cheese and all the beer into the well. Stir mixture with a spoon until combine.
- Pour mixture into prepared bread pan. Add remaining cheese and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of butter. Bake for 30 minutes. remove from oven and drizzle remaining butter over the top. Bake for the additional 20-25 minutes or until browned on top and loaf thumps when you tap the top.
- Remove to a wire rack and allow to cool for 5 minutes. remove from pan and allow to cool on the wire rack.