When I saw this recipe I knew I had to make it. This is really thick and rich. It is great for dinner or slather on some delicious butter for a breakfast treat.
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- ½ cup oil
- Half (about 1 cup) of a whole zucchini, washed and shredded
- 1 cup cooked and drained chopped Circle B Ranch Hickory Smoked bacon (cooled)
- 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- 6 tbsp. of milk
- 1 ½ cups All-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- In a mixer, add eggs, sugar, oil, and mix for 5 minutes. Switch off mixer and using a wooden spoon, add the zucchini, bacon and cheese. Combine well. Then add milk.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and baking powder, salt & pepper; then add this slowly to the wet mix and combine well.
- Pour the batter into the lined bread pan and bake at 325°F for 1 hour and 20 minutes. Test with a tooth pick in the center of the bread. When toothpick comes out clean, bread is done.
- This versatile recipe can be made into muffins as well, and is great for parties. The bread is freezer friendly, and may be served by itself or with soup.