I bought fresh corn at the Farmers Market and had some Circle B Ranch Hickory Smoked Bacon. Together, they’re a match made in heaven!
- 6 slices Circle B Ranch Hickory Smoked bacon, diced
- 2/3 cup milk
- ½ cup corn kernels
- ½ cup yellow cornmeal
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- In a large sauté pan, cook the diced bacon over medium heat for 5 minutes, until crispy. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon, setting aside 1 tbsp of bacon.
- Mix the remaining bacon with the milk, corn kernels, and remaining ingredients.
- Heat bacon drippings in the same pan over medium heat. Drop 2 tbsp of batter into pan to form each fritter.
- Working in batches of 3-4 fritters, cooking them for 2 minutes, until lightly browned. Turn fritters over using a spatula, and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Add vegetable oil to the pan as necessary between batches.
- Serve warm, topped with crème fraiche, reserved bacon, and more chopped chives.
- Serving Size: 9