Bacon and Sweet Potato!! What could be wrong with this? I prepared this for a Sunday brunch and got rave reviews. Enjoy!
- 1 large sweet potato
- 8 slices Circle B Ranch Hickory Smoked bacon
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed butter
- ¼ onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 5 ounces fresh spinach
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with tin foil and lightly grease a pie dish with butter.
- Lay bacon on the baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crispy. Lay on a paper towel to drain some of the grease and set aside. Once cool, crumble or cut into small pieces.
- As the bacon is cooking, prepare the crust. Either using a food processor with a grating attachment, or using a box grater, grate the sweet potato through the large grates. Evenly press the shredded sweet potato to the sides and bottom of the pie dish.
- Be sure to fill in holes as best as possible. Bake the crust for 20-25 minutes and remove from the oven. Lower oven temperature to 375 degrees.
- As the crust is baking, prepare the filling. Melt butter in a large skillet over a medium heat. Cook the onions for 3-5 minutes, until translucent. Add the garlic and spinach and cook a minute or two, until the spinach wilts. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and heavy until slightly bubbly. Mix in the spinach mixture and crumbled bacon. Pour mixture into the pie crust and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the center is fully cooked.
- Serving Size: 6