Baked beans, yum. Enjoy!
- 1 lb. dried white beans, soaked overnight
- 3.5 oz. Circle B Ranch Hickory Smoked bacon (optional)
- 1 small yellow onion
- 3 medium garlic cloves
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 5.5 oz. Marina’s ketchup
- 10.5 oz. Marina’s Tomato Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 clove
- Make sure to let the white beans soak overnight. Then drain them well.
- Peel and chop the onion and garlic cloves finely. Add them to a large casserole pan. Chop the bacon finely (if using) and add it to the onion and garlic together with the olive oil.
- Place the pan over medium heat and stir fry the ingredients for 5 minutes. Then add the drained soaked beans.
- Add the rest of the ingredients as well. Season with a good dash of salt and pepper.
- Stir the ingredients well. Bring them to a good boil while you preheat the oven to 400° F. Then take the casserole pan off the heat and pour the beans and tomato sauce in a large baking dish.
- Cover with a lid or some tinfoil. Place the dish in the hot oven and cook the beans for 2 hours. Check the beans halfway through cooking time, and stir them well. Then turn off the oven but leave the baking dish in the still hot oven for another hour.
- Then remove the dish, check the seasoning and add extra pepper, salt, ketchup, or brown sugar to taste. Check to see if the beans are tender: they should be super soft and smooth.
- Serve the beans warm.
- Serving Size: 4