Balsamic Vinegar, Maple Syrup and Dijon Mustard….and top it all off with bacon. This is delish!! Enjoy!
- • 6 strips Circle B Ranch Hickory Smoked bacon
- • 4 (6 oz.) boneless skinless chicken breasts, pat dry
- • Salt and pepper to taste
- • 1 small onion, diced
- • 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- • 2 Tbsp. flour
- • 1/3 cup chicken broth
- • 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- • ¼ cup maple syrup
- • 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- • 2 Tbsp. grainy mustard
- • 1 Tbsp. soy sauce (or tamari)
- Cook the bacon in a large pan until crispy and set aside on paper towels to drain and cool before crumbling.
- Cook the chicken in bacon drippings in the same pan over medium-high heat until lightly golden brown and cooked through, about 3-5 minutes per side, before setting aside.
- Add the onions and cook until tender, about 3-5 minutes, before adding the garlic and flour and cooking until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the chicken broth and deglaze the plan by scraping all of the brown bits from the bottom of the pan into the sauce.
- Add the balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, mustards, soy sauce, bacon and chicken. Bring the sauce to a simmer and cook until it thickens a bit, about 2-3 minutes.
- Serving Size: 4