Big John loves Banana Pudding so…instead of making Banana Pudding I made Banana Cream Cheesecake instead. This recipe got 2 thumbs up by Big John. Enjoy!!
- 2¼ cups Nilla wafer crumbs
- 10 T. melted butter
- 3 T. sugar
- 24 ounces soft cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 T. flour
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 cup pureed bananas (I used food processor)
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp powdered gelatin
- 2 T. whole milk
- 2 egg yolks
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 T. sugar
- ¾ tsp vanilla
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- 5 T. powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 325°F
Line a 9-inch (23cm) springform pan with parchment paper in the bottom and grease the sides.
- Combine the ingredients and press into bottom of the pan and up the sides.
- Bake 10 mins. Cool and lower oven to 300 degrees.
- Prepare a water bath or use a moat pan as I like to do.
- In mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar and flour on low.
- Add sour cream.
- Add banana puree,.
- Add one egg a time until smooth.
- Pour into crust and bake at 300 degrees for 90 mins. (In water bath or moat pan)
- Shut oven off and keep cheesecake in closed oven 30 mins.
- Crack the door open for an additional 30.
- Let cool to room temp and place in fridge to chill.
- Mix gelatin into milk and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk yolks.
- In a saucepan, heat the cream, sugar and vanilla to warm up.
- Slowly pour hot cream into eggs and then pour it all back into pan until 160 degrees.
- Add the gelatin mix and stir smooth.
- Transfer custard to a clean bowl and place in a larger bowl with ice in it to cool it down.
- Meanwhile, whip cream and sugar to stiff peaks and fold into cooled custard.
- Spread over the cheesecake and chill for a few hours.