“Easy” is the keyword in our house. I am a firm believer that a recipe should not have a hundred ingredients. That is what the Iron Chef Program is all about. Iron Chef Bobby Flay is one of my chef heroes and he makes one mean BBQ.
This is a really easy recipe, and it always comes out delicious.
- One Whole Chicken
- Big John’s BBQ Sauce
- Cut whole chicken into pieces or you can buy chicken pieces. I like to keep the leg and thigh intact, but I do like to cut the wing off the breast. There is nothing like crispy wings off the grill.
- Put the chicken skin side down on the grill.
- Wipe Big John’s BBQ Sauce on the bone side.
- Grill a few minutes and flip the chicken over. Wipe BBQ Sauce on the skin side. Grill a few minutes and take the pieces off the grill and put them into the oven for about 30-40 minutes or until done.
- I do not keep the chicken on the grill for very long. I am looking for grill marks and I don’t like to burn the skin much, except for the wings. Finishing the chicken in the oven keeps is moist and juicy. Serve extra BBQ Sauce on the side.