What could be a better covered dish for a party than hot dogs with potatoes. These came out really well!
- 1 Tbl Circle B Ranch Lard
- 1/2 cup sweet yellow onions, chopped fine
- 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp mustard powder
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 (14 oz) cans beans: drained and rinsed (any type bean is fine) (or 1 large can drained kidney/white beans and 1 can baked beans)
- 2 large Baked Potatoes, cooled and sliced into 1/2” slices
- 6 Big John’s NF Hot Dogs
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Melt the lard in a dutch Oven
- Add the onion and garlic and cook for 3 minutes, until just soft.
- Add in the tomato paste and cook, stirring for 1-2 minutes or until you can smell it cooking.
- Add the brown sugar, mustard powder, Worcestershire sauce and salt.
- Stir and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the water.
- Add the Kidney beans and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes, until beans are soft.
- Add in the baked beans and potatoes, stir gently to combine.
- Cook for a minute just to warm up.
- Stir the hot dog pieces into the bean mixture and transfer skillet to the oven.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Serve immediately.