Blackberries are the best from the Farmers Market. They are fresh and you know they are only hours old. When I bought a few quarts of blackberries I knew that I needed to make a dessert out of them, but I did not want to mask the taste of the berries. I was looking through my recipes and found this cobbler recipe from Southern Living. Easy and delicious is the only way to describe this recipe. Top this with some fresh whipped cream and you have a delicious dessert.
- 2 1/2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 375°. Stir together blackberries and sugar in a medium bowl. Let stand 25 minutes or until some liquid is released and sugar turns pink.
- Whisk together flour and next 3 ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir in melted butter until blended. Spread batter in an ungreased 8-inch square pan. Spoon blackberry mixture over batter; sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake at 375° for 45 to 50 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Serve warm with whipped cream.
- You can also serve this with Vanilla Ice Cream. Enjoy!