I love baking with blueberries. This recipe is really delicious and easy to make. Enjoy!
- Homemade pie crust or store-bought crust of choice (I used a store-bought one)
- 5 ½ cups fresh blueberries
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon zest
For the Crumble Topping
- ½ cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- 6 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter, very cold and cubed
- 2/3 cup old-fashioned whole rolled oats
- Prepare homemade pie crust or use store-bought crust (make sure it is chilled).
- Make the filling: In a large bowl, mix blueberries, granulated sugar, flour, cornstarch, lemon juice, and zest together until thoroughly combined. It will be pretty flour-y. Place filling in the refrigerator until needed.
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Roll out the pie dough until it is 12 inches in diameter. Carefully place dough in a 9-inch pie dish. Tuck it in with your fingers, making sure it is smooth. Spoon the cold filling into the crust and discard the leftover juices in the bottom of the bowl, if any. Flute or crimp the edges of the crust. Place pie in the refrigerator until needed.
- Make the crumble: Mix the brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon together in a medium bowl. Using a pastry cutter, cut the cold butter into the brown sugar mixture until coarse crumbs are formed. Stir in the oats and sprinkle over the pie.
- Place the pie onto a large baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes. Keeping the pie in the oven, turn the temperature down to 375° and bake for an additional 30-35 minutes. After the first 20 minutes of bake time, place a pie crust shield on top of the pie to prevent the edges from browning too quickly. Loosely cover the pie with aluminum foil to prevent the crumble from browning too quickly as well.
- Allow the pie to cool for 3 full hours at room temperature before serving. This allows the filling to thicken. Cover leftovers tightly ad store I the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Make a day in advance by simply covering and refrigerating after the pie has cooled. Bring to room temperature before serving.