Blueberry season is upon us, and my family cannot get enough of those sweet little berries! I have made blueberry pancakes, muffins, cut them up for yogurt and eaten them plain. However, I think one of my favorite ways to make them into something you can have with breakfast and a cup of coffee or dessert is with this bread recipe! I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 cups flour, plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup oats
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line your 9×5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper or lightly butter your loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, toss blueberries with 1 tablespoon flour to keep blueberries from sinking. In a large bowl, whisk 2 cups flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, mix yogurt, eggs, melted butter and vanilla together and then fold into the dry ingredients. Add the blueberries and oats and gently combine.
- When done, scrape the mixture to loaf pan and it will be thick and a little sticky. Bake for 50-55 minutes when golden brown and when a toothpick inserted into the bread comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool in the pan for 5 minutes then cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.