Zucchini and blueberries from the Farmers Market make a great snack cake. Top it with the delicious lemon buttercream and you have a delicious dessert. Enjoy!
- • 3 large eggs
- • 1 cup vegetable oil
- • 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- • 2 ¼ cups sugar
- • 2 cups shredded zucchini
- • 3 cups all-purpose flour
- • 1 tsp. salt
- • 1 tsp. baking powder
- • ¼ tsp. baking soda
- • 1 pint blueberries (tossed in 1 tsp. flour)
For the Lemon Buttercream
- • 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- • 4 cups confectioner’s sugar
- • Juice of one lemon
- Lightly grease and flour a 9×13-inch baking pan.
- Beat the eggs, oil, vanilla and sugar until well blended. Fold in the zucchini.
- Whisk the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda to combine. Slowly add it to the wet mixture, mixing just enough to blend.
- Fold in the blueberries, and pour in the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for about 50 minutes, just until the top is turning golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on rack.
- To make the frosting, put the softened butter into the bowl of a food processor and process until creamy. Add the sifted powdered sugar, one cup at a time, processing until smooth after each addition. After the second cup of sugar, add in the lemon juice. Scrape down the sides of the machine as necessary. Adjust the texture by adding little more lemon or a little more sugar.
- Frost the cooled cake and store in the refrigerator.
- This recipe can be found at http://theviewfromgreatisland.com/blueberry-zucchini-snack-cake-with-lemon-buttercream/