Breaded and fried Circle B Ranch Pork Cutlets are delicious. Top it with the delicious Orange Salsa and you and your family will be very happy! Enjoy!
- • 2 cups dried bread crumbs, such as panko
- • 2 oranges (about 9 oz. each)
- • 1 tsp. chopped thyme
- • Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- • 4 Circle B Ranch pork cutlets (about 1 lb.)
- • 1 medium tomato, cored and medium diced
- • 2 Tbsp. finely chopped red onion
- • 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro
- • 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- • 1 ½ tsp. fresh lime juice
- • 1 egg
- • ¼ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- • ¼ cup vegetable oil; more as needed
- Put the breadcrumbs in a wide shallow bowl or a rimmed plate. Use a rasp-style grater, finely zest the oranges into the breadcrumbs. Add the thyme, 1 tsp. salt, and ½ tsp. pepper, and toss to combine, breaking up any clumps of zest.
- Squeeze the juice of one of the oranges into a wide bowl or large zip-top bag. Add the cutlets, turn to coat if necessary, and marinate for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, segment the remaining oranges and cut the segments into a few pieces. Toss along with the tomato, onion, and cilantro. Add the olive oil, lime juice, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Toss and season to taste with more cilantro, salt, and pepper.
- Crack the egg in another wide shallow bowl and beat lightly. Put the flour on a rimmed plate and season with ½ tsp. salt and a healthy grind of black pepper.
- Lift a cutlet from the juice and shake off the excess liquid. Dip it first in the flour, coating both sides and letting the excess run back into the bowl, then into the breadcrumbs, making sure both sides are well coated.
- In a 12-inch skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat until the oil erupts into lots of bubbles when you dip in the corner of a cutlet. Fry the cutlets, in batches if necessary, flipping once, adding more oil and adjusting the heat as necessary to maintain a steady bubbling action, until cooked through and golden brown on both sides, 3-5 minutes per side. Serve topped with some of the salsa.
- Serving Size: 4