At the height of the tomato season, you must make bruschetta and serve it on crostini. Enjoy!
- 2 large garlic cloves, cracked away from skin
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 medium tomatoes, halved and chopped
- 20 fresh basil leaves
- Coarse salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Chop garlic and tomatoes and place in a small bowl.
- Pile basil leaves on top of one another and roll into a log. Thinly slice basil into green confetti and loosely combine with the tomatoes and garlic.
- Drizzle in 2 Tbsp. olive oil to the tomatoes. Gently toss to coat.
- Serve with crostini. Enjoy!
For the Crostini
- 1 baguette, sliced
- Olive oil (I used oil flavored with herbs)
- Brush the bread with the oil.
- Put into 375° oven for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.