Butternut Squash noodles served with delicious Circle B Ranch Sweet Italian Sausage. This recipe is delicious. Enjoy!
- 1 ½ lbs. butternut squash noodles
- 5 Tbsp. canola oil
- 3 links Circle B Ranch Sweet Italian Sausage, casings removed
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 10 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 5 oz. fresh baby spinach
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- ¼ plus 1/8 tsp. salt
- Coarsely ground black pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup shredded Asiago cheese
- On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss squash noodles with 2 Tbsp. oil and ¼ tsp. each of salt and pepper. Heat oven to 400⁰ F and bake noodles for 10 minutes.
- In a large pot, heat 1 Tbsp. oil over medium-high heat. Crumble in sausage and brown, stirring, 4 minutes. Remove sausage to a plate using a slotted spoon. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add 1 Tbsp. oil to pot, along with onion and mushrooms. Cook 5 minutes, adding ¼ cup chicken stock to scrape up the bits from bottom of pan.
- Stir in spinach and cook 3 minutes, until wilted. Stir sausage back into pot and turn off heat.
- Remove noodles from oven. In a large non-stick skillet, heat 1 Tbsp. oil over medium-high. Add noodles and cook 6 minutes, tossing with salt and pepper.
- Add sausage mixture to skillet and cook 2 minutes.
- To serve, divide among 4 bowls and top each serving with 1 Tbsp. Asiago and more pepper to taste.
- Serving Size: 4