John and I love cabbage rolls, but I am to lazy to prepare them. This soup came out so delicious that we did not miss the actually rolls. Yummy!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound Circle B Ranch Ground Pork
- 1 onion finely diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 cups coarsely chopped green cabbage
- 2 carrots peeled, quartered and sliced
- 4 cups homemade Chicken Stock
- 24 oz Marina’s Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons parsley
Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add the ground pork and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Cook, breaking up the meat with a spatula, until pork is browned, approximately 4-5 minutes. Add the onion and garlic cook for 2-3 minutes.
Add the cabbage, carrots, chicken stock, tomato sauce, rice, bay leaf and brown sugar to the pot. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Bring to a simmer and cook for 25 minutes or until rice is tender. Remove bay leaf and discard.
Sprinkle with parsley and serve.