Circle B Ranch Hickory Smoked Bacon, Peas and Spring Asparagus…what could be bad? Nothing!! This recipe came out delicious! Enjoy!!
- • 12 oz. Campanelle Pasta
- • 4 oz. Circle B Ranch Hickory Smoked bacon, chopped
- • 1 ¼ lbs. asparagus, trimmed and cut diagonal into 1-inch pieces
- • 2 cups shelled fresh green peas, blanched 1 minute in boiling water and drained, or frozen peas (do not thaw)
- • 1 bunch of green onions, thinly sliced, white and pale green parts separated from dark green parts
- • 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- • ½ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese plus additional for serving
- • 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- • 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- • 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- • 1 Tbsp. finely grated lemon peel
- • ¼ cup chopped fresh Italian parsley, divided
- • ¼ cup thinly sliced fresh basil, divided
- Cook pasta in pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite. Drain, reserving ½ cup of pasta cooking liquid. Return pasta to pot.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to paper towels to drain. Pour off all but 1 tsp. drippings from skillet. Add asparagus to the drippings in the skillet; sauté 3 minutes. Add peas, white and pale green parts of green onions, and garlic; sauté until vegetables are just tender, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add vegetable mixture, ¼ cup pasta cooking liquid, dark green parts of green onions, ½ cup Parmesan, cream, olive oil, lemon juice, lemon peel, half of parsley, and half of basil to pasta. Toss, adding more cooking liquid by tablespoonfuls if needed. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Transfer to a large bowl. Sprinkle bacon, remaining parsley, and basil over the top. Serve, passing additional Parmesan cheese.
- Serving Size: 4