Bacon…Chocolate Chop Cookies….What is there not to like?
For candied bacon
- 8 slices Circle B Ranch Hickory Smoked bacon
- ½ cup brown sugar
- • 2 ¼ cups flour
- • ½ teaspoon baking soda
- • ¾ cup butter, melted and slightly cooled
- • ½ cup white sugar
- • 1 cup brown sugar
- • 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- • 1 whole egg
- • 1 egg yolk
- • 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2. Place bacon in a single layer on a foil lined sheet.
- 3. Sprinkle brown sugar on top of bacon strips. Bake for 18-25 minutes or until crispy, making sure to turn bacon over after 10 minutes.
- 4. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack for cooling. Once bacon has cooled, chop it finely.
- 5. Reduce oven temperature to 350°.
- 6. Sift flour and baking soda.
- 7. In a medium bowl, cream butter with the white and brown sugar.
- 8. Add vanilla, egg, and egg yolk to the bowl and beat until light and creamy.
- 9. Add flour mixture and mix well.
- 10. Add diced candied a bacon and chocolate chips and stir until just combined.
- 11. Place golf ball sized balls of dough on a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 13-15 minutes or until edges are brown. Remove from oven and let cookies sit on the pan for a couple of minutes before placing on a wire rack.