Circle B Ranch Sweet Italian Sausage is very flavorful and when paired with Cannellini Beans, it’s delicious! It is made from the trim from our 100% Pastured Raised Berkshire Hogs. The sausage is lean, and it does not shrink down like so many other sausages do.
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium fennel bulbs, outer layers removed, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- One 24 ounce Marina’s Tomato Sauce
- One 15-ounce can cannellini beans
- One 10-ounce bunch kale, center rib removed, leaves chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup homemade chicken broth
- 4 Circle B Ranch Sweet Italian Sausage
- Place an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Place the sausage in a cast iron pan and cook until done. If using Circle b Ranch Sweet Italian sausage add a little water in the bottom of the pan. Cool and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- In a Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the fennel, onion, 1 teaspoon of the salt and the red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring constantly, until the vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes (plus juices), beans, kale and broth. Bring the mixture to a boil. Cover the pan with a tight fitting lid and transfer to the oven. Cook until the vegetables are tender and the kale has wilted, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and add the cooked sausage slices. Season with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Spoon the stew into bowls and serve.