Cannoli Pound Cake
This intrigued me to make. Being Italian I love Cannoli's. It was good...but not the real thing. Enjoy!
Write a review
- • Butter or cooking spray to coat pan
- • 1 cup granulated sugar
- • Finely grated zest from 1 orange
- • Finely grated zest from 1 lemon
- • ½ cup olive oil
- • 1 Tbsp. sweet marsala wine or
- 2 Tbsp. white wine (optional)
- • 1 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
- • 2 large eggs
- • 2 tsp. baking powder
- • ¼ tsp. fine sea or table salt
- • ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- • 1 or 2 pinches allspice
- • 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- • 1 cup mini chocolate chips or
- 6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate bar, chopped
- • ½ cup pistachios, chopped small
- Heat oven to 350° F. Coat a standard 8x1/2x4 1/4” loaf pan with butter or non-stick spray.
- Place sugar in a large bowl and add zest. Use your fingertips to rub the zest into the sugar, scenting it throughout. Whisk in olive oil, wine (if using), ricotta, and eggs. Sprinkle baking powder, salt, cinnamon and allspice over wet ingredients, then whisk to combine. Gently stir in flour, then chocolate and pistachios until just combined
- Scrape into prepared pan. Bake in over for 55-65 minutes, until a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out batter free. Let cool on wire rack in pan for 15 minutes, then invert out onto rack to finish cooling.
- Cake is great the first day, and even better the second and third. Store cake at room temperature, covered with foil or plastic.
Circle B Ranch https://www.circlebranchpork.com/