This is delicious! Chicken, mozzarella, basil, cherry tomatoes, yum! This is a great weeknight recipe. From prep to finish, it only takes about 30-35 minutes. So easy and so tasty!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 thick slices mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- salt and pepper
- balsamic vinegar to taste
- In a large saute pan, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and turn to medium high heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and add chicken to pan and cook about 10 minutes on each side until no longer pink and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, add 1 tablespoon olive oil to a medium saute pan. Cook garlic until tender. Add halved cherry tomatoes and cook for 1-2 minutes until they start to wrinkle and skin softens. Add chopped basil.
- Top cooked chicken with mozzarella cheese and tomato mixture. Allow cheese to melt and splash with balsamic vinegar.