I love Onion dip and this recipe does not disappoint. Caramelizing the onions and adding the bacon make for a really delicious dip. Enjoy!
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 6 slices Circle B Ranch Hickory Smoked bacon, uncooked and chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. minced chives
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- chips or sliced veggies for serving
- Heat a medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil and chopped bacon into the skillet and cook until crispy, about 6-8 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to remove bacon from the skillet and place on a paper towel to drain.
- Add the chopped onion into the skillet with the bacon grease and caramelize for about 10 minutes, or until fully browned and translucent. Remove onion from skillet and allow to drain/cool.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the sour cream, bacon, onion, chives, shredded cheese, and salt and pepper.
- Allow to sit in the fridge in an airtight container for at least one hour to fully chill and for flavors to blend together.
- Serve with chips or chopped veggies.
- Serving Size: 4