We love cole slaw in the Backes household. I had fresh carrots from the farmers market so I thought I could make a really good cole slaw out of it. Apples were a really good addition and this recipe came out delish! Enjoy!
- ½ cup low-fat Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- ¾ pound large carrots (2 to 3), peeled
- 2 Granny Smith apples, halved and cored
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt, vinegar, cumin, ½ tsp. salt, and ¼ tsp. pepper.
- Cut the carrots into 3 to 4-inch pieces. In a food processor fitted with the grating disk, grate the carrots and apples.
- Add the carrots, apples, raisins, and cilantro to the yogurt dressing and toss to combine.
- Serving Size: 4