One of the things I look forward to at the farmers market are the delicious, fresh carrots. They have a sweet taste that store-bought carrots do not. When carrots arrive at the market, the first thing I make when I get home is carrot cake. I mean come on, who doesn’t love carrot cake with cream cheese frosting?
- 9×13 Cake Pan
- 4 Eggs (I used farm fresh)
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1 ½ Cup Corn Oil
- 2 Cups Flour
- 2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 3 Cups Grated Carrots
- ½ Cup Chopped Walnuts
- ¼ Cup Raisins
- Oil and Flour For the Cake Pan or use Pam for baking
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.
- Oil and flour your pan, set aside.
- Beat eggs until fluffy.
- Gradually add in sugar and oil.
- Sift flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon together.
- Combine the carrots, chopped walnuts and raisins to your flour mixture.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix until batter is formed.
- Pour your batter into your prepped pan and bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 42 minutes. Depending upon your oven, I would check it at about 35 minutes. Check with a cake tester or tooth tip. Insert into the middle of the cake, if it comes out clean, it is done.
- Once it is cool, pour and spread your cream cheese frosting on top and ENJOY!