Prepare this recipe with the bumper crop of zucchini. It also makes delicious leftovers. Enjoy!
- 1 (8 oz.) can refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 small onion, chopped (approx. 1 cup)
- 4 cups chopped zucchini
- 3 farm grown eggs
- 1 Tbsp. fresh basil
- 1 Tbsp. fresh oregano
- 1 Tbsp. dried mustard
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 8 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
- Press crescent roll dough into a greased 8 x 8 inch pan.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet; add chopped onion and chopped zucchini and saute over medium heat for 5 minutes (until tender-crisp).
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat eggs and then stir in spices.
- Add a small amount of onion/zucchini mixture to eggs to temper them; then add remainder of mixture and stir together.
- Stir in shredded mozzarella.
- Pour mixture into unbaked crust; bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 min.
- Serving Size: 6