When looking for new dessert recipes, I came across a simple Raspberry Brownie recipe. After reading it, I thought why not use our Marina’s Cranberry Chutney instead? The end result was how a brownie should be: moist and simply delicious! My family and I usually don’t eat much dessert but I have to admit, there was not a crumb left in the pan!
- 7 oz dark or semisweet chocolate, roughly chopped (I used a combination of the two)
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup all- purpose flour
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cubed and softened
- 3/4 cup Marina’s Cranberry Chutney
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tbs Marina’s Cranberry Chutney for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease an 8 or 9 inch backing dish with butter or non-stick spray
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder and salt. Set aside.
- Set up a double boiler with a heatproof bowl and set over a small saucepan of simmering water. Melt chocolate and butter over low heat and stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in sugar, then beat in the eggs, one at a time. Complete before adding the vanilla extract
- While whisking, gradually add flour mixture and stir until just combined
- In a separate saucepan, heat Marina’s Cranberry Chutney over medium to low heat until more liquid
- Pour brownie batter into prepped baking dish and then drizzle Marina’s Cranberry Chutney over the top
- Tip: Use a knife to swirl jam around to create a marbled effect
- Place brownies in the oven and back for about 30-35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean
- When done, remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before serving
- Garnish with extra Marina’s Cranberry Chutney and enjoy!