John and I love salads and we really like celery and fennel. This salad is easy to make and comes out delicious. Enjoy!
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tsp. grated lemon zest
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice + 1 Tbsp.
- 2 Tbsp. minced shallots
- 1 tsp. celery seed
- Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups thinly sliced celery hearts, tender leaves included, sliced on an angle
- 1 cup Fennel
- 4 ounces aged Parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- Whole flat-leaf parsley leaves
- At least one hour before you plan to serve the salad, whisk together the olive oil, lemon zest, ¼ cup lemon juice, the shallots, celery seed, 2 tsp. salt, and 1 tsp. pepper. Place the celery and fennel in a mixing bowl and toss with the remaining 1 Tbsp. lemon juice and ½ tsp. salt. Add enough dressing to moisten well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow the celery to crisp and the flavors to develop.
- When ready to serve, arrange the celery and fennel mixture on a platter. Shave the Parmesan onto the celery with a vegetable peeler. Sprinkle with parsley leaves, salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 4