We all have had fritters in different forms. Cauliflower in this recipe makes for a really delicious appetizer. Enjoy!
1 medium cauliflower
2/3 cup of grated parmesan
2/3 cup of provolone
2/3 cup of milk
2–3 tbsps of plain flour
salt and pepper to taste
Vegetable oil for frying
1. To prepare your cauliflower pancakes, start by removing the leaves from the cauliflower, then cut it in small florets and wash it thoroughly under running water.
2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to the boil. Cook the cauliflower until soft. Drain it.
3. With a fork, mash the florets roughly. If you preferring a softer pancake, you can puree it in a food processor.
4, Tip it into a large bowl. Stir in the eggs, grated cheese, grated cheese, and milk. Season to taste.
5. Sift in the flour little by little, stirring well as you add it. You want a soft batter, but not too runny.
6. Heat some vegetable oil in the pan. Be sure that it’s really hot. Spoon the batter into the pan, creating several small pancakes. Fry for a couple of minutes on each side until they are a bright golden colour. Set them on a tray lined with kitchen paper to absorb excess oil.
Tip: Cauliflower pancakes are delicious both hot or cold. Serve them with a green salad, seasoned with extra-virgin olive oil and lemon.