I have made this dip many times and it has always been a big hit. What I really like about this recipe is that you can prepare it the night before and pop it in the oven the day later. Serve with same crusty Italian Bread! Enjoy!
- 2 cups onion, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1/8 tsp. thyme
- ½ lb. Circle B Ranch chorizo sausage
- 8 ounce package cream cheese
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup chopped chives or green onions
- Kosher salt
- Remove chorizo from casing and cook in a medium skillet over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes, chopping with spoon and stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- In another skillet, melt butter over medium heat and add onion. Add thyme, season with Kosher salt and lower heat to medium-low and cook onion for about 20 minutes until onions become soft and caramelized.
- In a medium sized bowl add cream cheese and mayonnaise and mix well until smooth. Add mozzarella cheese, caramelized onions, green onions and mix well. Gently fold in chorizo. Pour into a 2-cup baking dish.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake at 350°F for 12-15 minutes or until dip is golden and bubbly. Garnish with additional green onion and serve with baguette slices or tortilla chips.