I personally do not like spicy food, but Chicken with Andouille Jambalaya made me change my mind. This recipe makes a lot, and you will definitely have leftovers! Enjoy!
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 links Circle B ranch andouille sausage, 1/2 inch slices
- 2 celery stalks, small dice
- 1 yellow onion, small dice
- 2 green bell peppers, small dice
- 6 garlic cloves, rough chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 2–3 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1 cup Marina’s Italian tomato Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/4 cups long grain white rice
- Olive oil
- Heat up a large heavy duty pot over medium heat.
- Add in a few Tbsp of olive oil and the sliced Circle B Ranch andouille sausage. Cook for about 5 minutes until the sausage is lightly golden and the flavors have infused into the oil.
- Add in the celery, peppers, onion, garlic, chicken, bay leaf, cajun seasoning, water and the crushed tomatoes. Season lightly with salt. Stir everything around, lower the heat to low, cover the pot and simmer for 1 hour.
- Stir in the rice. Cover the pot and cook on low for 25 minutes, stirring a few times to prevent sticking.
- Turn off the heat, keep the lid on and allow to continue to cook for 10 minutes. The rice should be perfectly cooked. If its still a little under cooked simply add a little bit of water and cook a few extra minutes. Season with salt to taste.