We love chicken in this family. I buy chicken from the Farmer’s Market or I look for organic chicken at the store. This recipe is yummy!
- ½ pound of egg noodles, cooked according to package directions
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut in half lengthwise (4 pieces)
- Salt, black pepper, garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, stems removed, cleaned, and sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar (no substitution)
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half
- Fresh, chopped parsley for garnish
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken with salt, black pepper, and garlic powder.
- When the oil is hot, add the chicken. Cook for about 5 minutes per side, or until the chicken is cooked through and reaches the temp of about 165°.
- Remove the cooked chicken from the pan and set aside.
- In the pan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter and reduce the heat to medium.
- Add in the onions and mushrooms and saute until the onions are translucent and the mushrooms are tender. Add in garlic and cook for about 2 minutes more.
- Season onions and mushrooms with a bit more salt and pepper, and add in ¼ teaspoon of dried thyme.
- Sprinkle the vegetables with 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour and allow it to cook for a minutes.
- Slowly whisk in chicken stock, then balsamic vinegar. Whisk well.
- Add in half-and-half, and raise the heat to medium-high. Simmer the sauce until it starts to thicken, then reduce the heat to low and add the chicken to the pan, and simmer about 3 minutes longer.
- To serve, arrange noodles in a bowl. Top with a piece of chicken and the mushroom balsamic cream sauce. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 4