I was preparing an Asian inspired dinner and I thought what could be better than a broccoli salad. It came out delicious.
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp of lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp of rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp of Mirin
- 2 teaspoons Thai chili garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds (for garnish)
- Trim ends from broccoli, then cut in half crosswise.
- Heat about 4 inches of salted water in a large lidded pot or wok, bring to boil. Add the broccoli and cook for a few minutes. You do not want to over cook the broccoli. Drain the broccoli and run cold water to cool down.
- Prepare the dressing. Combine ginger, lemon,rice wine vinegar, mirin, soy sauce, and chili sauce in a small bowl, then slowly drizzle in the sesame oil, whisking constantly. Set aside.
- Dry the broccoli in a clean kitchen towel then transfer to a serving bowl. Drizzle dressing over broccoli and toss to coat evenly. Sprinkle sesame seeds and serve.