Just one word….Delicious!
- 8 slices of Circle B Ranch Hickory Smoked bacon
- 3 very ripe medium bananas
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 ounces melted chocolate
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Chop bacon into ½ inch pieces and fry slowly over medium-heat, rendering out all fat. Once crispy, drain off excess grease with paper towels and set the bacon aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the sugar and butter together until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Mash the bananas with a fork, then blend them with eggs, milk, and melted chocolate; fold this into the sugar and butter mixture.
- Add flour, baking soda, and cocoa powder; stir or mix well.
- Once batter is fully combined, stir in bacon pieces.
- Pour the batter into a greased bread pan and bake 55 to 60 minutes. Bread is done when a knife or toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Let cool before serving.
- Recipe can also yield 8 mini-loaves (2 x 4-inch); cook for 30 minutes.
- Serving Size: 10