When I read this recipe I thought “this would be delicious made with Circle B Ranch Hickory Smoked Bacon.” The original recipe called for 8 slices of bacon, I figured why not add a few extra slices? The cake came out moist and delicious.
For the Cake
- 8 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup Dutch process cocoa
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1–1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup strongly brewed coffee, cold
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 12 slices crisply cooked Circle B Ranch Hickory smoked bacon, finely chopped, divided
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips plus more for decorating top
- 6 Tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Dutch process cocoa
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt (low-fat or nonfat)
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 Tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease an 8 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ loaf pan with cooking spray. Cut out a piece of parchment to fit the bottom of the pan for best results.
- Beat together butter, sugars, cocoa, salt, vanilla, espresso powder and baking powder; about two minutes. Scrape down bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Scrape down bowl again.
- Add half the flour, beating to combine on low speed. Add coffee, then remaining flour and milk. Beat gently just until combined. Do not overmix. Stir in bacon, reserving 1/4 cup for the topping. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 70-75 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean or an instant read thermometer registers 205 degrees F in the middle.
- Remove cake from oven and run a knife around the edges. Let cool in the pan at least 15 minutes before turning out of the pan. Let cool completely.
- For the glaze, place all ingredients in a small pan and heat over low heat until melted. Let cool and thicken slightly before drizzling over cooled loaf. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup bacon and extra chocolate chips.
- Keep refrigerated after cooling. This cake will not last very long.
- Serving Size: 8