It’s zucchini season!! I love making zucchini and trying it in different bread recipes. This was easy to make, and it turned out really delicious and very moist. I will definitely be making this again.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups zucchini, grated
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350º and grease two loaf pans. (Or line with parchment paper.)
- In a bowl, sift together flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs, sour cream, oil, sugar and vanilla extract for 2 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Batter will be thick.
- 1/3 cup at a time, add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix well.
- Gently fold the shredded zucchini and chocolate chips into the batter. Mix until just incorporated.
- Pour batter equally into both loaf pans and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes before removing to wire cooling rack.